What is Michael Jordan’s net worth? Michael Jordan net worth comes from his basketball career.
Michael Jeffrey Jordan also known by his initials MJ, is an American businessman and former professional basketball player.
Michael Jordan Net Worth
US$ 1.6 Billion
58 (born February 17, 1963)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Early Life & Education
Michael Jeffrey Jordan was born at Cumberland Hospital in the Fort Greene neighborhood of New York City’s Brooklyn borough on February 17, 1963, the son of bank employee Deloris (née Peoples) and equipment supervisor James R. Jordan Sr. Michael Jeffrey Jordan was born at Cumberland Hospital in the Fort Greene neighborhood of New York City’s Brooklyn borough on February 17, 1963, the son of bank employee Deloris (née Peoples) and equipment supervisor James R. Jordan Sr.
Jordan attended Emsley A. Laney High School in Wilmington, where he highlighted his athletic career by playing basketball, baseball, and football.
- As a freshman in coach Dean Smith’s team-oriented system, Jordan was named ACC Freshman of the Year after he averaged 13.4 ppg on 53.4% shooting (field goal percentage). He made the game-winning jump shot in the 1982 NCAA Championship game against Georgetown, which was led by future NBA rival Patrick Ewing. Jordan later described this shot as the major turning point in his basketball career.
- Jordan led the league in scoring during the 1987–88 season, averaging 35.0 ppg on 53.5% shooting, and won his first league MVP Award.
- In the 1990–91 season, Jordan won his second MVP award after averaging 31.5 ppg on 53.9% shooting, 6.0 RPG, and 5.5 APG for the regular season.
- Jordan made his debut for the United States national team at the 1983 Pan American Games in Caracas, Venezuela. He led the team in scoring with 17.3 ppg as the U.S., coached by Jack Hartman, won the gold medal in the competition. A year later, he won another gold medal in the 1984 Summer Olympics and the team was coached by Bob Knight.
Michael Jordan’s net worth in 2021 is $1.6 Billion.
Few Facts About Michael Jordan
- For a Game in 1990, he wore #12 instead of iconic Jordan’s #23
- He holds the record for career regular-season and playoff scoring average
- He has a phobia of water
- He once recorded 10 triple-doubles in 11 games
- He won a league-best 10 scoring titles
- He is the only player to win the scoring title and DPOTY in the same season
- In six finals series, he averaged 33.6 ppg and won every series
Top Michael Jordan Quotes
- “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.”
- “Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.”
- “To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.”
- “If you quit once it becomes a habit. Never quit!”
- “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.”
- “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.”
- “I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.”
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.”
- “If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
- “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”