Michael Dell Net Worth 2021
What is Michael Dell’s net worth? Michael Dell net worth comes from Dell Technologies.
Michael Saul Dell is an American billionaire businessman and philanthropist. He is the founder, chairman, and CEO of Dell Technologies, one of the world’s largest technology infrastructure companies.
Michael Dell Net Worth
US$ 50.6 billion
56 (born February 23, 1965)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Early Life & Education
Michael Dell was born in 1965 in Houston. Dell bought his first calculator at the age of seven and encountered an early teletype station in middle school. At the age of fifteen, after playing with computers at Radio Shack, he got his first computer, an Apple II, which he immediately disassembled to see how it worked. He got a job as a dishwasher at the age of twelve and soon was promoted to president.
Dell attended Memorial High School in Houston, selling subscriptions to the Houston Post in the summer. Dell’s parents wanted him to become a doctor, and to satisfy them, he enrolled in a pre-school at the University of Texas in 1983. Dell continued to learn to target specific demographic groups for newspaper subscriptions rather than just making cold calls, and he earned $ 18,000. the summer. He hired several employees, and after grossing nearly $ 200,000 in his first year of employment, Dell withdrew from the University of Texas at the age of 19.
In January 1984, Dell banked on his conviction that the potential cost savings of a manufacturer selling PCs directly had enormous advantages over the conventional indirect retail channel. In January 1984, Dell registered his company as “PC’s Limited”. Operating out of a condominium, the business sold between $50,000 and $80,000 worth of PC upgrades, kits, and add-on components. In May, Dell incorporated the company as “Dell Computer Corporation” and relocated to a business center in North Austin. The company employed a few people as order takers, a few more to fill the orders, and, as Dell recalled, a manufacturing staff consisting of “three guys with screwdrivers sitting at six-foot tables”. The venture’s capitalization cost was $1,000.
In 1992, aged 27, he became the youngest CEO of a company ranked in Fortune magazine’s list of the top 500 corporations.
Michael Dell’s net worth in 2021 is $50.6 Billion.
Few Facts About Michael Dell
- Michael Dell, in an effort to enter the business world early, took a high school equivalency exam at the age of 8
- Dell set a new record in the city of Manhattan when he purchased a penthouse at One57 skyscraper for $ 100.47 million
- Michael Dell is not just a businessman and philanthropist, but also an author. Dell collaborated with author Catherine Fredman to write a book Direct from Dell: Strategies that Revolutionized an Industry, which describes Dell’s business journey
Top Michael Dell Quotes
- “If you look at innovation, it doesn’t just occur in the lab.” Michael Dell
- “Visionaries have the unique ability to dream of what’s possible and then make it a reality. We are excited to watch these visionaries use technology to help students develop skills in collaboration, critical thinking, and teamwork that they’ll need to compete in the global economy.” Michael Dell
- “There is no better catalyst to success than curiosity.” Michael Dell
- “There are a lot of things that go into creating success. I don’t like to do just the things I like to do. I like to do things that cause the company to succeed. I don’t spend a lot of time doing my favorite activities.” Michael Dell
- “You can’t be afraid to fail because that’s when you learn.” Michael Dell
- “If you want to sustain excellence over a long time, you’d better come up with a system that works well. Anyone can sprint for a little while, but you can’t sprint for forty years.” Michael Dell