Mark Cuban Net Worth 2021
What is Mark Cuban’s net worth? Mark Cuban net worth comes from Dallas Mavericks, 2929 Entertainment, AXS TV.
Mark Cuban is an American billionaire entrepreneur, television personality, media proprietor, and investor, whose net worth is an estimated $4.3 billion, according to Forbes. He is the owner of the National Basketball Association’s (NBA) Dallas Mavericks, co-owner of 2929 Entertainment, and chairman of AXS TV. He is also one of the main “shark” investors on the ABC reality television series Shark Tank.
Mark Cuban Net Worth
US$ 4.2 billion
62 (born July 31, 1958)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Dallas Mavericks, 2929 Entertainment, AXS TV
Early Life & Education
Mark Cuban was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. His father, Norton Cuban, was a car upholstery business. Cuban described his mother Shirley as “a different job or a different career goal every two weeks.”
Instead of attending high school in his final year, he enrolled as a full-time student at the University of Pittsburgh, where he joined the Pi Lambda Phi International sibling. He is a “loved” fan of the Pittsburgh NFL Pittsburgh Steelers. After one year at the University of Pittsburgh, he transferred to Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, and graduated from the Kelly School of Business in 1981 with a Bachelor of Science in Management.
He chose Keele College of Business in Indiana without even visiting campus because “the lowest-cost tuition fees for all business schools are on the top ten list.” During college, he had several business ventures, including a bar, disco lessons, and chain letter. After graduation, he returned to his hometown of Pennsylvania and worked at Mellon Bank, plunging into the study of machines and networks.
On July 7, 1982, Cuban moved to Dallas, Texas, where he first found work as a waiter at a Greenville Avenue bar called Elan and then as a sales representative for Your Business Software, one of the oldest PC software retailers in Dallas. He was fired less than a year later, after meeting a customer to buy a new business rather than open the store.
Cuban created his own company, MicroSolutions, with support from his former clients of The Your Business Software program. MicroSolutions was initially a systems integrator and software vendor. The company was an early proponent of technologies such as Carbon Copy, Lotus Notes, and CompuServe. Perot Systems has been one of the company’s biggest customers. The company grew to more than $ 30 million in revenue, and in 1990, Cuban sold MicroSolutions to CompuServe – then a subsidiary of H&R Block – for $ 6 million. It made nearly $ 2 million after taxes on the deal.
In 1995, he started Audionet and Broadcast.com and made few investments in startups. Cuban has been a “shark” investor on the ABC reality program Shark Tank since season two in 2011. Cuban also owns film distributor Magnolia Pictures. On January 4, 2000, Cuban purchased a majority stake in the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks for $285 million from H. Ross Perot, Jr.
Mark Cuban’s net worth in 2021 is $4.2 Billion.
Few Facts About Mark Cuban
- He is a staunch supporter of finding solutions to the rise of automation and future loss of jobs as a result of robotics
- Mark Cuban originally made his first $6 million through start-up company MicroSolutions, which was sold to CompuServe in 1990
- Cuban found further success within webcasting, with the invention of AudioNet, renamed Broadcast.com. Built-in collaboration with Todd Wagner who Cuban met at Indiana University, the duo aimed to listen to basketball games with ease. Broadcast.com was sold to Yahoo! for $5.7 billion
- Cuban has published a children’s book to appeal to younger audiences, in addition to Let’s Go, Mavs! and How to Win at the Sport of Business: If I Can Do It, You Can Do It, to inspire further entrepreneurs
Top Mark Cuban Quotes
- “The best way to predict the future is to invent it.”
- “Creating opportunities means looking where others are not.”
- “Work like there is someone working 24 hours a day to take it all away from you.”
- “You just got to stay focused and believe in yourself and trust your own ability and judgment.”
- “It doesn’t matter how many times you fail. You only have to be right once and then everyone can tell you that you are an overnight success.”
What do you think about Mark Cuban’s net worth?