Ma Huateng Net Worth 2021
What is Ma Huateng’s net worth? Ma Huateng net worth comes from Tencent.
Ma Huateng also known as Pony Ma, is a Chinese billionaire business magnate. He is the founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Tencent, Asia’s most valuable company, one of the largest Internet and technology companies, and one of the biggest investment, gaming, and entertainment conglomerates in the world.
Ma Huateng Net Worth
US$ 58.8 billion
49 (born on October 29, 1971)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Early Life & Education
Ma Huateng was born in Chaoyang, Shantou, Guangdong. When his father, Ma Chenshu got a job as a port manager in Shenzhen, the young Ma accompanied him. He was enrolled in Shenzhen University in 1989 and graduated in 1993 with a bachelor’s degree in computer science.
Ma’s first job was with China Motion Telecom Development, a supplier of telecommunications services and products, where he was in charge of developing software for pagers. He reportedly earned $176 per month. He also worked for Shenzhen Runxun Communications Co. Ltd. in the research and development department for Internet calling services. Launched the Internet-based service QQ (1997). Along with four other classmates, Ma Huateng went on to co-found Tencent in 1998.
In 2004, Tencent launched an online gaming platform and started selling virtual goods to support the games published on that platform (weapons, gaming power), as well as emoticons and ringtones. At Ma’s behest, Tencent launched in 2005 the C2C platform Paipai.com, a direct competitor to e-commerce giant Alibaba. Launched in January 2011 an app for text messaging and group chat WeChat. Other diverse services provided by Tencent include web portals, e-commerce, and multiplayer online games. Online games such as Legend of Yulong and Legend of Xuanyuan boosted revenue by more than half, up to US$5.1 billion, with a US$1.5 billion profit margin.
Ma Huateng’s net worth in 2021 is $58.8 Billion.
Few Facts About Ma Huateng
- He met his wife through his own chat service
- His name is translated as ‘horse’
- His company name also has a horse theme
- He has a personal interest in astronomy
- Ma was the richest man in China
- He collects art and buys real estate
Top Ma Huateng Quotes
- “You need to have extraordinary wisdom to be the forerunner.” ~ Ma Huateng
- “Ideas are not important in China – execution is.” ~ Ma Huateng
- “The leader of the market today may not necessarily be the leader tomorrow.” ~ Ma Huateng
- “Think of yourself as an insensitive, nitpicking, irritable fool to use the product.” ~ Ma Huateng
- “Users are innocent for they can not really make sure if their information is safe or not.” ~ Ma Huateng
- “I think every Internet user likes personalization.” ~ Ma Huateng
- “I think Steve Jobs is my idol.” ~ Ma Huateng
- “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants, we knew our product had a future, but at that time we just couldn’t afford it.” ~ Ma Huateng
Quick Lessons From Ma Huateng
- An hour is earned for every minute you spend organizing. You should take this very seriously in your daily work. Try to end each day by preparing for the next. Evaluating the tasks you’ve completed today will help ensure you get a quick and effective start tomorrow.
- When everything is falling down, it’s easy to give up. But in those moments, successful people stress and work harder, finding new ways to achieve their goals. Ma Huateng, the founder of Tencent Inc. and the second richest man in China, almost caught fire during his early years.
- Your job will fill a large part of your life, and the only way to truly feel good is to do what you think is great work. And the only way to do a great job is to love what you do and have a passion for it.