Larry Ellison Net Worth 2021
What is Larry Ellison’s net worth? Larry Ellison net worth comes from Oracle Corporation.
Lawrence Joseph Ellison is an American business magnate and investor who is a co-founder, the executive chairman, and chief technology officer (CTO) of Oracle Corporation.
Larry Ellison Net Worth
US$ 91.1 billion
76 (born August 17, 1944)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Larry Ellison was born in New York City. His biological father was an Italian-American pilot in the US Army Air Force. After Ellison developed pneumonia at the age of nine months, his mother gave him to her aunt and uncle for adoption. He did not meet his biological mother again until he was 48 years old.
Ellison attended South Shore High School in Chicago and was later admitted to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Summer of 1966 in California, then he joined the University of Chicago for one semester, where he studied physics and mathematics. He took no exams and in Chicago, he encountered computer design for the first time. In 1966, when he was 22 years old, he moved to Berkeley, California.
Larry Ellison’s net worth in 2021 is $91.1 Billion.
Few Facts About Larry Ellison
- Prior to the loss of his mother, Ellison had been named science student of the year at the University of Illinois.
- The first company Ellison co-founded was launched in 1977. It was called Software Development Laboratories and had an investment of $ 1,200. He and his associates won a two-year contract to build a database for the CIA. They called the project “Oracle”. Their company became Relational Software Inc. In 1979, and the names changed again, in 1982, to become Oracle Systems Corporation.
- Ellison almost lost everything when Oracle nearly went bankrupt in the early 1990s.
- He was inducted into the Academy of Achievement (the museum of living history in Washington) in 1997.
- By 2006, Forbes had declared him the richest Californian.
- He’s a licensed pilot and owns two military jets.
- He owns 98% of the Hawaiian island of Lanai.
- He’s tried and failed to buy two NBA teams, the New Orleans Hornets and Golden Gate Warriors. Though he doesn’t own a team, he still has Oracle Stadium.
Top Larry Ellison Quotes
- “Life’s a journey. It’s a journey about discovering limits.”
- “I believe people have to follow their dreams—I did.”
- “Great achievers are driven, not so much by the pursuit of success, but by the fear of failure.”
- “You have to act and act now.”
- “You have to believe in what you do in order to get what you want.”
- “I’m addicted to winning. The more you win, the more you want to win.”
- “You realize that life is short and fragile; and when you are facing walls of water, you understand your own mortality can change and how quickly things could change.”
- “If you do everything that everyone else does in business, you’re going to lose. The only way to really be ahead is to ‘be different.”