What is Kamala Harris’s net worth? Kamala Harris net worth comes from her political career.
Kamala Devi Harris is an American politician and attorney who is the 49th and current vice president of the United States.
Kamala Harris Net Worth
US$ 5 Million
56 (born October 20, 1964)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Early Life & Education
Kamala Devi Harris was born in Oakland, California, on October 20, 1964. Harris attended a French-speaking primary school, Notre-Dame-des-Neiges, then F.A.C.E. School, and finally Westmount High School in Westmount, Quebec, graduating in 1981.
After high school, in 1982, Harris attended Howard University, a historically black university in Washington, D.C. Harris graduated from Howard in 1986 with a degree in political science and economics.
Harris then returned to California to attend law school at the University of California, Hastings College of the Law through its Legal Education Opportunity Program (LEOP). While at UC Hastings, she served as president of its chapter of the Black Law Students Association. She graduated with a Juris Doctor in 1989 and was admitted to the California Bar in June 1990.
In 1990, Harris was hired as a deputy district attorney in Alameda County, California, where she was described as “an able prosecutor on the way up”.
In August 2000, Harris took a job at San Francisco City Hall, working for city attorney Louise Renne.
In 2002, Harris prepared to run for District Attorney of San Francisco against Hallinan (the incumbent) and Bill Fazio. Harris won with 56 percent of the vote, becoming the first person of color elected as district attorney of San Francisco.
Harris became the vice president-elect following the Biden-Harris ticket’s victory in the 2020 United States presidential election.
Following the election of Joe Biden as U.S. president in the 2020 election, Harris assumed office as vice president of the United States on January 20, 2021.
In 2005, the National Black Prosecutors Association awarded Harris the Thurgood Marshall Award.
In 2013, Time named Harris as one of the “100 Most Influential People in the World”.
Kamala Harris’s net worth in 2021 is $5 Million.
Few Kamala Harris Facts
- She is the daughter of Jamaican and Indian immigrants
- She’s an avid reader
- Harris loves to cooks
- She has written three books
Top Kamala Harris Quotes
- “My mother had a saying: ‘Kamala, you may be the first to do many things, but make sure you’re not the last.” ~ Kamala Harris
- “What’s important for my daughter to know is that… if you are fortunate to have an opportunity, it is your duty to make sure other people have those opportunities as well.” ~ Kamala Harris
- “I believe that a child going without an education is a crime.” ~ Kamala Harris
- “No woman should be told she can’t make her own decisions about her body. If women’s reproductive rights come under attack, I will be standing up for women.” ~ Kamala Harris
- “Don’t give up – our country needs you now more than ever. This is a pivotal moment in the history of our country: Our ideals are at stake, and we all have to fight for who we are. We are all and should be treated as, equals, but the disparity in terms of income and inequality, for women and women of color, is significant.” ~ Kamala Harris
- “When you expand your ability to see, you understand that there are a lot of false choices being offered.” ~ Kamala Harris
- “There is a lot of work to be done to make sure our leaders reflect the people they are supposed to represent. The more diverse a group of decision-makers is, the more informed the decision will be. Until we achieve full representation, we all should understand we are falling short of the ideals of our country.” ~ Kamala Harris