Johnny Depp Net Worth 2022
What is Johnny Depp’s net worth? Johnny Depp’s net worth comes from his professional acting career.
John Christopher Depp II is an American actor, producer, and musician. Johnny Depp net worth is US$ 150 Million
Johnny Depp Net Worth
US$ 150 Million
57 (born June 9, 1963)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
John Christopher Depp II was born on June 9, 1963, in Owensboro, Kentucky, the youngest of four children of waitress Betty Sue Palmer and civil engineer John Christopher Depp.
Depp was gifted a guitar by his mother when he was 12 years old and began playing in various bands. He dropped out of Miramar High School aged 16 in 1979 to become a rock musician.
He co-wrote the band Rock City Angels’ song “Mary”, which appeared on their debut Geffen Records album Young Man’s Blues.
In the early 1980s, Depp’s then-wife Lori Ann Allison introduced him to actor Nicolas Cage, who advised him to pursue an acting career.
Depp’s first film role was in the horror film A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984).
Depp became a teen idol during the late 1980s when he starred as an undercover police officer in a high school operation in the Fox television series 21 Jump Street, which premiered in 1987.
In 1990, Depp played the title character in Tim Burton‘s romantic fantasy film Edward Scissorhands opposite Dianne Wiest and Winona Ryder. The film was a commercial and critical success with a domestic gross of $53 million.
Depp watched many Charlie Chaplin films to study the idea of creating sympathy without dialogue.
In 1997, Depp starred alongside Al Pacino in the crime drama Donnie Brasco, directed by Mike Newell.
In 2003, Depp starred in the Walt Disney Pictures adventure film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, which was a major box office success.
He earned widespread acclaim for his comic performance as pirate Captain Jack Sparrow, and received Academy Award, Golden Globe, and BAFTA nominations, and won a Screen Actor’s Guild Award for Best Actor as well as an MTV Movie Award.
Depp’s first 2011 film release was the animation Rango, in which he voiced the title character, a lizard.
In 2012, Depp was one of the world’s biggest film stars and was listed by the Guinness World Records as the world’s highest-paid actor, with earnings of US$75 million.
In late November 2020, Depp received an award for his career at the Polish Camerimage film festival.
Johnny Depp’s net worth in 2021 is $200 Million.
Few Johnny Depp Facts
- As a child, Johnny Depp was allergic to chocolate.
- At the age of 15, he dropped out of school to pursue a musical career
- Since Edward Scissorhands, Depp and Burton have worked together on: Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow, Charlie, and the Chocolate Factory, The Corpse Bride, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Alice in Wonderland, and Dark Shadows
- Johnny Depp was inducted onto the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1999
- People Magazine voted him ‘Sexiest Man Alive’ in 2009
- To this day, Depp’s favorite characters to play have been Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, and Captain Jack Sparrow
Top Johnny Depp Quotes
- “You can close your eyes to the things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to the things you don’t want to feel.” ~ Johnny Depp
- “One day, the people that didn’t believe in you will tell everyone how they met you.” ~ Johnny Depp
- “Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.” ~ Johnny Depp
- “One of the greatest pieces of advice I’ve ever gotten in my life was from my mom. When I was a little kid there was a kid who was bugging me at school and she said “Okay, I’m gonna tell you what to do. If the kid’s bugging you and puts his hands on you; you pick up the nearest rock.” ~ Johnny Depp
- “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” ~ Johnny Depp
All about Johnny Depp’s net worth, and a quick look at his success
Johnny Depp has come a long way from starting his career in music then a successful acting career. He has given some memorable performances. Hope he continues to entertain us.
As of 2021, Johnny Depp’s net worth is $200 Million.