What is Jeff Bezos’s net worth? Jeff Bezos net worth comes from Amazon.
Jeffrey Preston Bezos is an American business magnate, media proprietor, and investor. Bezos is the founder and CEO of the multinational technology company Amazon.
Jeff Bezos Net Worth
US$ 186.7 billion
57 (born January 12, 1964)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Early Life & Education
Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on January 12, 1964, the son of Jacklyn (née Gise) and Theodore Jørgensen.
Jeff Bezos demonstrated scientific interests and technical competence, and he rigged an electrical alarm to keep his younger siblings out of his room. The family moved to Miami, Florida, where Bezos attended Miami Palmetto High School. While Bezos was in high school, he worked at McDonald’s as a short-order cook during breakfast time. Attended a science training program for students at the University of Florida. He was a high school student, a seeker of national merit, and a winner of the Silver Knight Award in 1982.
In his graduation speech, Bezos told the audience that he dreams of the day humanity colonizes space. A local newspaper quoted his intention to “remove all people from the earth and see it turn into a huge national park.” In 1986, he graduated with honors from Princeton University with a 4.2 GPA and a Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSE) in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. He was also a member of Phi Beta Kappa. While in Princeton, Bezos was a member of the Quadrangle Club, one of Princeton’s 11 eating clubs. In addition, he was elected to Tau Beta Pi and was president of the Princeton branch of the Space Exploration and Development Students (SEDS).
After Bezos graduated from college in 1986, he was offered jobs at Intel, Bell Labs, and Andersen Consulting, among others. He first worked at Fitel, a fintech telecommunications start-up, where he was tasked with building a network for international trade.
In late 1993, Bezos decided to establish an online bookstore. He left his job at D. E. Shaw and founded Amazon in his garage on July 5, 1994, after writing its business plan on a cross-country drive from New York City to Seattle. Three years after Bezos founded Amazon, he took it public with an initial public offering (IPO). In 1998, Bezos diversified into the online sale of music and video, and by the end of the year, he had expanded the company’s products to include a variety of other consumer goods.
In September 2000, Bezos founded Blue Origin, a human spaceflight startup. Bezos has long expressed an interest in space travel and the development of human life in the solar system.
On August 5, 2013, Bezos announced his purchase of The Washington Post for $250 million in cash, at the suggestion of his friend, Don Graham.
Jeff Bezos’s net worth in 2021 is $186.7 Billion.
Few Facts About Jeff Bezos
- Bezos’ biological father was once a circus performer
- His mother, Jacklyn Bezos, gave birth to him when she was a teenager
- Bezos was interested in engineering as a child
- Bezos worked on Wall Street in the early 1990s
- He started his first business when he was in high school
- Bezos almost named his company Cadabra instead of Amazon
Top Jeff Bezos Quotes
- “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” – Jeff Bezos
- “If you double the number of experiments you do per year you’re going to double your inventiveness.” – Jeff Bezos
- “Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful.” – Jeff Bezos
- “What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you – what used to be a tailwind is now a headwind – you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy.” – Jeff Bezos
- “If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.” – Jeff Bezos