Charles Koch Net Worth 2021
What is Charles Koch’s net worth? Charles Koch net worth comes from Koch Industries.
Charles Koch Net Worth
US$ 64 billion
85 (born November 1, 1935)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
Early Life & Education
Charles Koch was born and lives in Wichita, Kansas, and is one of four sons of Clementine Mary (nee Robinson) and Fred Chase Koch. Koch’s grandfather, Harry Koch, was a Dutch immigrant who settled in West Texas, founded the Quanah Tribune-Chief, and was a founding shareholder of Quanah, Acme, and the Pacific Railway.
After attending several private high schools, Koch was educated at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is a member of the Beta Theta Pi fraternity. He received a Bachelor of Science (BS) in General Engineering in 1957, a Master of Science (MS) in Nuclear Engineering in 1958, and a second Master’s Degree (MS). He received his Ph.D. in chemical engineering in 1960. His focus was on methods of oil refining. After college, Koch began working at Arthur D. Little, Inc.
In 1961 he moved back to Wichita to join his father’s business, Rock Island Oil & Refining Company (now known as Koch Industries). In 1967, he became president of the business, which was then a medium-sized oil firm. In the same year, he renamed the firm Koch Industries in honor of his father.
Koch has been a director of INTRUST Financial Corp. since 1982 and director of Koch Industries Inc. since 1982. He is director of resin and fiber company Invista and director of Georgia-Pacific LLC, paper and pulp products. Koch founded or helped found several organizations, including the Cato Institute, the Institute for Humane Studies and the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, the Bill of Rights Institute, and the Market-Based Management Institute. He is a member of the Mont Pelerin Society.
Charles Koch’s net worth in 2021 is $64 Billion.
Few Facts About Charles Koch
- The Koch fortune has its origins in engineering contracts with Joseph Stalin’s Soviet Union.
- Koch Industries has an annual production capacity of 2.2 billion pounds of the carcinogen formaldehyde. The company has worked to keep it from being classified as a carcinogen even though David Koch is a prostate cancer survivor.
- The Koch brothers’ combined fortune of roughly $50 billion is exceeded only by that of Bill Gates in the United States.
Top Charles Koch
- “I believe my business and non-profit investments are much more beneficial to societal well-being than sending more money to Washington.” — Charles Koch
- “I want my legacy to be greater freedom, greater prosperity, and a better way of life for my family, our employees, and all Americans. And I wish the same for every nation on earth.” — Charles Koch
- “Successful companies create value by providing products or services their customers value more highly than available alternatives. They do this while consuming fewer resources, leaving more resources available to satisfy other needs in society. Value creation involves making people’s lives better. It is contributing to prosperity in society.” — Charles Koch
- “To do meaningful work is to contribute – to create value in society.” — Charles Koch
- “Embrace change. Envision what could be, challenge the status quo, and drive creative destruction.” — Charles Koch
- “Our vision controls the way we think and, therefore, the way we act the vision we have of our jobs determines what we do and the opportunities we see or don’t see.” — Charles Koch
- “We have the best leaders and the most depth of leadership we’ve ever had. If I get hit by a truck, maybe it would get me out of the way and it would go better.” — Charles Koch