What is Barack Obama’s net worth? Barack Obama net worth comes from his political career.
Barack Hussein Obama II is an American politician and attorney who served as the 44th president of the United States from 2009 to 2017.
Barack Obama Net Worth
US$ 70 Million
59 (born August 4, 1961)
|Country of Origin||
|Source of Wealth||
44th President of the United States
Barack Obama was born on the 4th of August 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii, where he was raised primarily. Obama spent a year of his childhood in Washington State. His parents separated in 1964 and his father moved to Kenya.
By 1965 his mother remarried, and they moved to Indonesia for four years. In 1971, Obama returned to Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents. Where he enrolled and graduated in 1979 from Punahou School.
Over the years, he has discussed at length and reflects on how he manages social perceptions regarding his multicultural heritage.
His educational endeavors after high school included some commuting. By 1981, he had completed his first and second years at Occidental College in Los Angeles.
He then moved to New York City to spend his first and second years at Columbia University, where he graduated in 1983. In 1988, Obama joined Harvard Law School, where he graduated in 1991.
After completing his undergraduate studies, Obama taught constitutional law for twelve years at the University of Chicago Law School. First as a lecturer from 1992-1996 and then as a senior lecturer.
During his tenure at the university, he also joined forces with Miner Barnhill and Galland; A large company where he specialized in civil rights lawsuits, which included economic development.
In 2005, Obama became a senator from Illinois, receiving 70% of the vote in the 2004 general election. As a senator, he co-sponsored two initiatives, Secure America and the Organized Immigration Act. By late 2006 – early 2007, he began stepping down to prepare for his presidential campaign.
In early January 2009, Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States, serving two terms until 2017. Within his 100 days in office, he ordered the closure of the Guantanamo prison camp.
The first bill Obama signed was the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009; which worked to change the statute of limitations for equal pay claims.
During his presidency, Obama ensured and supported more LGBT rights laws. Including the Crime Prevention Act, along with its support for the legalization of same-sex marriage.
His final day in the Oval Office included 330 commutations for nonviolent drug offenders and relief for more than 1,500 others, including Chelsea Manning.
Barack Obama’s net worth in 2021 is $70 Million.
Few Barack Obama Facts
- His first name means “one who is blessed” in Swahili
- From age 6 to 10, Obama lived in Indonesia with his mother and stepfather. In 1971, he moved back to Hawaii and lived with his maternal grandparents
- He hasn’t liked ice cream since his first job: working at Baskin-Robbins as a teenager growing up in Hawaii
- Before becoming an Illinois state senator, Obama worked as a civil rights attorney, community organizer, lecturer, and professor.
- In 2008 and again in 2012, he was named Time magazine’s “Person of the Year.”
Top Barack Obama Quotes
- “When times get tough, we don’t give up. We get up.” ~ Barack Obama
- “We are reminded that, in the fleeting time we have on this Earth, what matters is not wealth, or status, or power, or fame, but rather how well we have loved and what small part we have played in making the lives of other people better.” ~ Barack Obama
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” ~ Barack Obama
- “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.” ~ Barack Obama
- “Keep exploring. Keep dreaming. Keep asking why. Don’t settle for what you already know. Never stop believing in the power of your ideas, your imagination, your hard work to change the world.” ~ Barack Obama